To purchase this unit or request a quote, please contact us.
C-MAX is a leading supplier of professional sidescan systems. The CM2 Sidescan Sonar System is noted for its performance and its robust, user-friendly design. The system is supported by a complete range of accessories, including the compact DC powered portable winch, and MaxView software that ensures the surveyor can acquire high quality data.
With over 500 systems delivered, C-MAX sidescans have a proven performance, with high quality acoustic imaging from a small compact and easily mobilized system.
The CM2 Standard towfish: Download the Specifications here
- Digitally controlled dynamically-optimised gain profile
- Automatic towfish altitude measurement
- Seabed proximity alarm
- Breakaway mechanism with a safety link
- Adjustable depression angle for the transducers
- Water temperature sensor
The CM2 Sonar Transceiver Unit: Download the Specifications here
- The Sonar Transceiver (STR) interfaces the towfish to an external data acquisition computer via a USB link. It makes the sonar appear to the computer as a USB peripheral and also powers the towfish.
- The STR integrates seamlessly with C-MAX's MaxView acquisition software or can also be used with acquisition software from other leading manufacturers. Please see the Software section of the site or contact us for more information.
The CM2 Sonar Transceiver Unit C-Shell: Download the Specifications here
- The C-Shell provides a rugged, waterproof enclosure for the STR. This enclosure is ideal for open boat use and is available with an integrated GPS.
- Reliable, rugged connectors, mounted in a recessed panel provide easy connection of DC power, the CM2 tow cable, and the USB link to the acquisition computer. An integrated USB hub provides a secure location to install hardware dongles, used by most acquisition software packages.
The CM2 Sonar portable winch: Download the Specifications here
The CM2 portable winch with 300m cable capacity can be hand carried to the survey vessel and features:
- Only 47kg with 300m of cable
- All stainless steel construction
- Maintenance free, fully sealed low-noise sliprings
- Built in overload clutch
- Soft-start feature gives smooth cable handling
The CM2's telemetry is so versatile that it can handle coaxial or twisted pair cables from 50m up to 6000m long. CM2 tow cables carry both power and signal on a single pair of conductors enabling both coaxial or twisted pair cables to be used with no user modifications required when switching cable types.
C-MAX can supply a range of winches and cables from 50m kevlar armoured coax suitable for shallow water surveys to 1000m of steel armoured twisted pair on an electric winch.